Jun 30 2008
Most of the website is under rewriting in English, so this page will soon disappear ….
My name is Giuseppe Paternò, but most of people know me as Gippa (my nick). I was employed as a Solution Architect and EMEA Security Expert for Red Hat, Sun Microsystems, Infostrada/Wind Telecomunicazioni and IBM.
It’s not just love for computers, it’s my passion. It goes beyond liking, and beyond a hobby, it’s about a way of living. Hacking is essential to my life.
At the moment there’s little content in english as this page is quite new. You can know more about my professional carreer using my Linked-in profile. I am fond of security and I’m part of the italian largest security community sikurezza.org, sometimes publishing papers and slides on my website. Unfortunately most of them are in italian, but if you need some advices, feel free to drop me an e-mail. Some publications that are available also in english:
- Secure wireless access in a mobile world – October 2009.
- Creating One Time Password (OTP) infrastructures using Open Source sofware – October 2009.
- Enhanced SIM (ESIM): a proposal for mobile security – September, 2009 – The Enhanced SIM wish to address primarily the need of an user to be uniquely identified within corporate and Internet resources. By using a public key infrastructure of a mobile operator, web sites and corporation can federate with the operator to authenticate the end user by reusing the technology that is already available. As a side effect, a number of VAS applications -such as bank services- can take advantage of this feature to secure financial transactions over mobile devices.
- Protecting confidential files using SE-Linux – September, 2009 – This paper, based on a real case, wants to demonstrate that is possible to mediate between an high security environment and a traditional Unix system administrations techniques. The challenge was to be able to protect highly confidential PDF documents while not teaching SE-Linux to operators and not changing their way of administering the systems.
- Exploring Smartcards: an independent look to technologies and market – June 2008. It’s an overview of smartcard market and technologies. This presentation has been written after a personal research on the subject and is meant to be a way to share results and thoughts. You can also download the slides with notes.
- DHCP Option for LDAP Directory Services discovery – September 2006. A proposed Internet Draft to distribute LDAP parameters via DHCP.
- Using PPP-over-Ethernet (PPPoE) in Wireless LANs – first draft in September 2002, was a proposed Internet Draft published by IETF.
I am also fond of general aviation, ham radio and train models.
Stay tuned for more news to come.